Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Potential Placement - Flop!

Well, I thought I would update you on our last "situation" as our social worker calls them. Turns out that the birthmother had not told her family that she was 5 months pregnant. They actually found out when our profile was on it's way to Knoxville. They stepped up and she is going to parent. I am trying to stay positive but we have just about hit the 9 month mark of waiting and I am starting to become disenchanted with the process. It doesn't help that I don't agree with the way the agency is going to begin showing profiles. It's like some wild possibility that looms out there - that we might actually have a baby someday - but the truth is, in actuality, there really is no guarantee that we will ever be chosen.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I'm sorry....don't give up!

holly said...

I'm so sorry, Jennifer. You know there are now words that really comfort us...except the words of God.

"But now, this is what the LORD says—-he who created you, O Jacob,he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel."
Isaiah 43:1-3

Praying for you today, that God's perfect peace will settle your heart and even give you joy right now.